A Pedicab Tour — Washington DC Sightseeing Made Simple
Everyone wants to walk around the all the monuments on the National Mall. But, a full loop of walking around the national monuments is 5-6 miles. You can do it, but it is likely to be tiring and difficult. But, you do have an alternative to walking. How about trying a Nonpartisan Pedicab private tour of the monuments — Washington DC Sightseeing made simple! In only 2-3 hours, you can see all of the major monuments at your own pace and on your own schedule.
Which Monuments Will I See?
There are 10 major sites to see on your tour. At each, you will be free to walk in to take pictures and explore:
- Lincoln Memorial
- Jefferson Memorial
- MLK Memorial
- FDR Memorial
- Washington Monument
- WWII Memorial
- Vietnam War Memorial
- Korean War Memorial
- White House
- Albert Einstein Memorial
You will be chauffeured by your personal tour guide. A fun and fact filled description of each of the monuments and how they fit in with American history.
Why Choose a Nonpartisan Pedicab Tour over a Segway Tour?
On a pedicab tour, you will visit all the monuments in 2-3 hours. On a Segway tour, you will not visit all the monuments
On a pedicab tour, you will have shade. On a Segway tour you will not.
On a pedicab tour, you will have your own private tour guide to interact with. On a Segway tour, you will be in a group setting and have only limited personal interaction with your guide.
On a pedicab tour, we pick you up from any downtown location. On a Segway tour, you must go to their office and finish at their office.
On a pedicab tour, you start at the time you want and go at your own pace. On a Segway tour, you will go at the guide’s pace and stay on the company schedule.
On a pedicab tour, you will be seated during your tour. On a Segway tour, you will be on your feet the whole time.
A pedicab tour is the perfect choice if you are not very mobile. A Segway tour is not possible for anyone with mobility issues.
Nonpartisan Pedicab Tours of Washington DC versus Bus Tours
- Custom, Personal Tour — Enjoy the sights at your own pace!
- Friendly tour guide converses with you
- Waits for you right out front of all monuments
- Always goes exactly where you want it to go
- Picks up and drops you off at any downtown location
- Tour guide recommends restaurants & attractions tailored to you
- Easily accessible to elderly and handicapped people
- Stroller and folding wheelchair friendly
- See all the monuments in 1.5 – 2.5 hours
- Minimal walking
- Full 360 degree view for all passengers
DOUBLE DECKER BUS
- Guide uses loudspeaker. No personal interaction with customers.
- Canned speech endlessly repeated to a crowd of people
- You must search for bus stands and wait for bus
- You must follow the fixed route and schedule
- Set route — you must get to and from the bus
- No recommendations, nothing personal about it.
- Steep stairs to climb to go up to the open top
- No storage for wheelchairs or strollers. You’re out of luck.
- Spend all day long to see the same amount
- Lots of walking to find the bus stands
- View only from the side of bus you are sitting on